The Spark Zone New Product Competition
What is it? Why Should You Join?
Student teams will create a new product in a specified category over a period of about 6 months.
It is an opportunity to:
- Create a consumer product that can become the “next big thing”
- Show your creative and innovative skills
- Learn the process of creating a new product and taking it to market
- Gain important skills in market assessment, new product and prototype development, and 3D printing.
- Everyone will get the opportunity to interact with mentors/coaches, attend sessions that will teach them how to create and launch new products in the market.
- Winners will get prizes worth $10,000, including:
- Cash of up to $5000
- New product launch coaching
- Accounting or legal services
- Opportunity to meet with investors and buyers from retail companies
- Teams of 2-5 students can sign-up or individuals can sign-up and then join a team
- Students from SMU, MSVU, NSCAD, NSCC and DAL are eligible to participate
- At least 1 team member MUST be from SMU
- Students can be from any degree program and can be from any year
** Please note that this competition is only open to students at the above mentioned institutions**
You have been hired to join the Product Innovation Department at a leading company in the retail and services sector. You have been tasked with developing a minimum viable product (MVP) and bringing it to market. Your team consists of 2-5 ambitious employees; collectively you will brainstorm, validate your idea and talk to potential customers. Once you have a better idea of your concept through customer discovery you will create your MVP. Once the MVP is created, you will pitch the new creation to the CEO of the company.
|Dec-5||The Spark Zone Website||Registration opens and can be submitted on the Spark Zone website.|